The Permanent Secretary of the NI Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment, David Sterling (standing in for the Minister, Arlene Foster MLA, who was taken ill) presented the 2010 Universities Ireland/IBEC-CBI Joint Business Council North/South postgraduate scholarships to five students at a ceremony in the Stormont Hotel in Belfast on 7 December 2010 at 12.30pm. The Vice-Chancellor of Queen’s University Belfast, Professor Peter Gregson, the Chief Executive of ESB, Padraig McManus, and the Chairman of the Joint Business Council Steering Committee, Hugh Crossey, also spoke.
This year’s scholarship winners are:
- Cliona Harkin, a graduate of Trinity College Dublin doing a Masters in International Business at Queen’s University Belfast (sponsored by Dublin Port)
- Emma Ryan, a graduate of TCD doing an MSc in Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility at QUB (sponsored by ESB)
- Patrick Molloy, a graduate of University College Dublin doing an MSc in Business Economics at QUB (sponsored by ESB)
- Paul Davidson, a graduate of University of Ulster doing a Masters in International Management at Trinity College Dublin (sponsored by ESB)
- Laura McCabe, a graduate of NUI Galway, doing a cross-border Masters in Human Rights Law at QUB and NUIG (sponsored by Universities Ireland)