The University of Trento has just opened two Calls for two 12-month (renewable for further 12 months) Research Fellowships for at-risk scholars who have completed their MA Degree and who would like to consolidate their postgraduate education in order to prepare for PhD applications and/or for other professional job opportunities. The call involves 14 academic structures (Departments/Centres/Schools) of the University and it is opened to different disciplines and research areas (see the integral version of the call for further details). Please note that it is possible to apply to both calls by following the same procedure for each of the call.
SAR UniTrento CARITRO Call Application Link and Documents:
SAR UniTrento ROVERETO MUNICIPALITY Application Link and Documents:
Eligibility. The following requirements must be met:
- a Master degree relevant to the research project awarded by an Italian or foreign university, or an equivalent qualification obtained in a foreign country;
- a professional and scientific CV suitable for the research activity described in art. 1;
- being a foreign citizen in one of the following situations:
* Possession of refugee status in Italy or in another European Union State or in a State that signed the Geneva Convention;
* Recognition of subsidiary protection status in Italy or in another European Union State;
* Be an asylum seeker in Italy or in another European Union State;
* Have obtained the recognition of the temporary protection in Italy or in a member country of the European Union; * Be already recognized as an “at-risk scholar” by SAR (SAR-status) or by other accredited international organizations who work in this field [Scholar Rescue Fund (SRF) and Council for At-Risk Academics (CARA)].
Selection procedure and timeline: the selection will be carried on the basis of CV, titles, research project (using the Template attached to the application form) and interview (held remotely).
Deadline for applications: 10th March 2023, at 12.00 p.m. (noon). Applications received after the
deadline will not be accepted.
Interviews will be indicatively held between the 17th and the 21st April 2023, and selected
candidates will be contacted indicatively by the 5th May 2023. Selected candidates must communicate the acceptance of the position within 10 days after the communication of the results of the selection.
Contract duration and conditions: 12 months, renewable for other 12 months. The gross total amount is 21,000 Europer year, paid in monthly deferred rates (1,500 Euro net). The University of Trento provides for the insurance coverage and for the reimbursement of registration fees for the National Health Service.
Contract Starting Date: June 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Anonymity: The University of Trento guarantees the respect of candidate’s anonymity throughout the selection process.
Contact for information related to the application procedure:
Research Selection Unit – University of Trento. Via alla Cascata, 56/C 38123 Trento (Italy)
ph. +39 0461 28 1969-1914-1620-1157; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for information related to the academic structure: in the Call document it is indicated the name of the SAR scientific referent for each of the 14 academic structures. Kindly contact him/her to express your interest to apply.